Domestic violence: What it is and how to spot it
Elijah Hoskins, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024

Every minute almost 20 people around the world are physically assaulted by their partner; in the US this equals more than 10 million people a...

Drake and Kendrick Lamar going back in forth to understand each others motive
Drake vs Kendrick Lamar
Corissa Greene, Copy Editor • May 22, 2024

There have been suppositions and rumors over the years about tensions between popular rappers Drake and Kendrick Lamar, but nothing has been...

Students walk around to view peers STEM projects. Students spent much of the event viewing projects as well as presenting their  own.
Athens STEM students display their semester-long work at Athens STEMposium
Rowan Bissett, Assistant Sports Editor • May 22, 2024

The work of the Athens Drive STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) students came to fruition this year at the Athens STEMposium on April...

The Athens Drive Flag Football team celebrates after their win against East Wake High School. This was the second game day, and it determined whether they would make it to the Sup-Her-Bowl
Women’s Flag Football’s future uncertain after new budget proposal
Ella Johnson, Copy Editor • May 21, 2024

This 2023-2024 school year, the Carolina Panthers announced they would be donating $50,000 to Wake County to kickstart Women’s flag football...

Members of the South Asian Student Association pose for a photo. This club is one of many school organizations that celebrate student diversity.
Athens Drive Culture Fest to return May 28
Sophie King, Assistant Editor • May 21, 2024

With a total minority enrollment of 59%, and students from many countries around the world, Athens Drive High School is the most diverse high...

Susan McGraw and Leya Arikat flaunt Athen’s gear as they give a detailed tour of the school. The pair steps up to aid in making certain the Magnet evaluators from Magnet Schools of America have a positive experience.
A new beginning: Boshoff's first year
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • May 17, 2024

Amanda Boshoff, Athens Drive’s newest principal, is ending off her first year on a high note. After a long year of getting to know the Athens...

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Ethan Adams is a Junior at Athens Drive. He is a Assistant News Editor for the Athens Oracle. He has been with the Oracle for 3 years. He enjoys getting to interact with others as well as writing. Ethan...

Ella Johnson
Ella Johnson
News Copy Editor

Ella Johnson (Right) is a Sophomore at Athens Drive High School. This is her first semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, she enjoys playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and listening...

Farah Al-Rbehat
Farah Al-Rbehat

Farah Al-Rbehat is a junior here at Athens Drive. This is her third year as an Assistant Editor on the Athens Oracle. She enjoys reading, spending time with the people she loves, and participates in many...

Home decorating tips to make your room look cool

A+vase+of+purple+flowers+with+a+lightened+up+background+of+fairy+lights.+
Photos by Nicole LiMato
A vase of purple flowers with a lightened up background of fairy lights.

We all love our rooms but sometimes we just get sick of our old rooms and think it is time for a change. There are different themes or aesthetics for people to try out. If you need some tips, stick around for ideas to make your room look cooler and see which room fits you. 

If you want your room to have a trending aesthetic look you might want to include these:

• LED lights 
  • Candles 
  • Fake plants 
  • Fairy lights 
  • A rug 

If you have an empty surface such as a desk or a night table, try to accessorize it by putting a lamp or a clock on it. Another tip is if you have an empty wall put something up like a mirror, tapestry, or a shelf.

If you want your room to have more of a dark aesthetic you should try to add:

• Guitar 
  • Skateboard 
  • Cd’s 
  • Neon lights 

If you have an empty wall you might want to add a poster, the goal is to be able to have stuff so your room does not look empty. If you just add little trinkets here and there it will help to add “flavor” to your room. 

The next aesthetic would be a soft aesthetic look. Here are some items you might consider using:

• Cd’s 
  • Guitar 
  • Fake glasses 
  • Vinyl record player
  • Cute toys 
  • Light colors 

You might want to try a vsco girl/boy aesthetic. To do this you might want to have these laying around.

• Scrunchies
  • Hydro flasks
  • Polaroid camera
  • Fjallraven Kanken backpack 

An item you might want to also use to have the vsco girl look would be fairy lights or make a cool collage of polaroids to hang up on your wall. 

Next is a cottage core aesthetic which is more of a dreamy aesthetic. You want to use more neutral colors to have the cattagecore look. In your room, you will also want to include

• Floral print
  • Lace pattern 
  • Ribbons
  • Petals 
  • Real plants

You are aiming for an old fashion look with a touch of nature and spooky. So you can put some light yellow flowers in a vase or put some old-looking books on a nightstand, like before, the whole aesthetic like more of a 1900’s vibe.

Another fun aesthetic would be a vaporwave aesthetic. To sum up this aesthetic you want dark neon colors. Vaporwave is very loud because of all the colors being used, common colors are pink, blue, and purple. So, if you want a vaporwave room use include these kinds of items, 

• Neon colors 
  • Everything colorful
  • Hippy items 

If you want something on your wall try hanging up some CDs. Some neon sign ideas could be hearts or quotes. The goal of this aesthetic is you want as many colorful objects as possible, but make it so it doesn’t match or look good at all. Another tip is to use colors that go together. Example: Pink and blue look good together but the colors orange and purple don’t look so good together. 

Hopefully, these tips helped you make your room the way you imagined it. Remember to start small and add items along the way so it does not come out the way you wanted it. Try out some new things and try to figure out which aesthetic is right for you.