Zane & James’ top 5 Christmas movies to watch over the break

It’s easy to say that everyone is more than excited for the upcoming 2023 winter break. There are lots of things to do with the long break, one of which is the fact that you can binge-watch as many Christmas movies as you could ever dream of, we just thought you’d like to start it off with some of our favorites at least.

#1

Classic poster for Home Alone. Photo courtesy of 20th Century Studios.

Home Alone (1990) is a Christmas movie where Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) is forgotten about and left alone by his family when they leave for Christmas vacation. While home alone, two robbers decide to break into Kevin’s house, resulting in them falling victim to several of Kevin’s homemade traps.

#2

Poster for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Photo courtesy of Videocraft International, Ltd.

Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (1964) is a stop-motion animation film of the classic Christmas tale of the same name. The story tells us about Rudolph, the youngest of Santa’s reindeer, who guides him through the air to deliver presents. On the other hand, Rudolph is different from the rest. His glowing red nose often alienates him from the other reindeer. Once Rudolph proves his glowing nose is useful, Santa chooses him to guide the front of his sleigh on a foggy Christmas Eve.

#3

Frosty the Snowman poster. Photo courtesy of Rankin/Bass Productions.

Frosty the Snowman (1969) is a cartoon animation film based on the Walter E. Rollins and Steve Nelson song of the same name. After a group of children make a snowman, a magic top hat brings it to life, making Frosty the Snowman. The hat belongs to a professor who wants it back, so Frosty has to hop on a train to the North Pole. Along with this, temperatures are rising and this results in Frosty melting.

#4

Charlie Brown and Snoopy. Photo courtesy of Blue Sky Studios.

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) is an animated television special based on the comic strips by Charles Schultz. Throughout the show, Charlie Brown finds himself depressed despite the onset of the cheerful holiday season. After Lucy Van Pelt suggests he direct a neighborhood Christmas play, his best efforts are ignored and mocked by his peers, when he chooses a puny Christmas tree as a centerpiece.

#5

The Polar Express poster. Photo courtesy of Castle Rock Entertainment.

The Polar Express (2004) is a movie set in the 1950s based on Chris Van Allsburg’s children’s book. A young boy, who is skeptical of the existence of Santa Claus, finds himself on a train ride to the North Pole. On the ride, he starts believing in Santa due to the magic bell.