Members of the Athens cross country team at summer cross country camp held in the mountains where they run different locations, meet NC state coaches, and do drills and conditioning. Camps like these are ways that runner for cross country or track stay in shape over summer. Photo provided by Krister Sjoblad.
Athens Track and Field; last push to Regionals as finish line comes into view
Rowan Bissett, Assistant Sports Editor • May 1, 2024

On May 11, 2024, Athens Drive Track and Field athletes will be going to Regionals; those who have qualified will represent Athens and compete...

Teagan Grantz (Senior) arranging the donated dresses for students to choose from
The Cinderella Project makes dreams come true at Athens Drive
Ella Johnson, Copy Editor • April 30, 2024

The Cinderella Project started back in April 2015, with Student Governments across the county working together to provide this...

Boxing Legend Mike Tyson and Youtuber Jake Paul Face Off
Jake Paul against Mike Tyson
Corissa Greene, Copy Editor • April 30, 2024

Excitement sparks in the boxing world as fans worldwide anticipate a face-off between Youtuber Jake Paul and noble boxer Mike Tyson. Many may...

Mackenzie Dixon, senior, celebrates her commitment to Johnson and Wales University, where she will continue playing Soccer. (Photo courtesy of Mackenzie Dixon).
Commitment issues: The journey to becoming a college athlete
Sophie King, Assistant Editor • April 30, 2024

Every year, student-athletes go through the highly stressful college recruitment process. Finding the right college for their academic needs...

Corissa Greene, Deevani Rodriguez, and Sama Yousef April 25, 2024

Rowan Bissett and Elijah Hoskins April 24, 2024

Brady Jones
Brady Jones
Assistant News Editor

Brady Jones is a Senior at Athens Drive and is in his second semester with the Athens Oracle. After school, he is an involved member of the Athens Drive theatre department, handling the technical components...

Sophie King
Sophie King

Sophie King is a Junior at Athens Drive and is the Editorial editor for the Athens Oracle. She enjoys hanging out with friends, painting, and playing the piano and guitar. She hopes to shine a light on...

Mariah Hatcher
Mariah Hatcher

Mariah Hatcher is an Athens Drive High School sophomore and an assistant sports editor for the Athens Oracle. This is her second semester writing for the Oracle. She enjoys writing, playing video games,...

Athens Drive Senior Picnic 2018

Athens Drive senior picnic occurs Friday, May 25 from 11-2 p.m in the football stadium with five dollar admission. This event is to celebrate and honor our seniors in a fun and entertaining way for everyone to enjoy. The event is set up by Christopher Remaley and it is a great time for seniors to come together out of school to enjoy each other and make memories.

β€œI coordinate this event and plan all the details, and I love this day! It is so great to spend time outside of school with the seniors having a good time and making memories.” said Remaley.

The seniors are to report to their first and second periods, then at the end of second period they are to report to the auditorium for the final senior assembly and to watch the senior slideshow consists of memories throughout the four years they have spent in high school. After that all the seniors will walk to the football stadium and enjoy the rest of the day outside. At the picnic there are all sorts of foods and festivities for them to enjoy, like music (DJ and Karaoke), games, slides/inflatables, dunking booth, obstacles courses, Pelican’s SnoBalls, and more.

β€œIt sounds like a lot of fun and it gives me time to hangout with my friends and make more memories with my class,” said David Spalding, senior

This is an Athens Drive Tradition that we have every year, and we are the only school in the county that honors the seniors in this way. The seniors will be missed by many and we are sad to see them go but also glad to see how much they have grown and overcome in the years they have attended here at Athens will all of us