Athens Drive annual Senior Breakfast to be held April 14, 2021

Athens Drive’s annual Senior Breakfast will take place April 14, 2021, from 9-11 am. The Senior Breakfast has been held every year at the end of the year since the ’90s and allows seniors to celebrate their last semester of high school. Along with breakfast, there will be a raffle to win various prizes that are donated along with music and having fun. Grand Prizes include a Nintendo Switch Lite, Apple AirPods and Flat Screen TVs. The event is fully funded by senior parents and families, as well as local businesses.

“I love seeing everyone together as a group for the first time and it’s like a preview of graduation when we will all be together (hopefully!)” said Christopher Remaley, math teacher and organizer of the Senior Breakfast.

The event is usually scheduled in January but due to COVID-19, the event was unable to be held indoors. Now that restrictions have lessened, the event will be held outside at Jag Stadium. Other changes include a pre-packaged breakfast instead of the traditional buffet-style, but the fun activities will remain the same with the addition of social distancing. 

“As a parent, I can’t help but wonder how much they truly realize they’re nearing not just the end of 12th grade, but the end of high school, and that the students they’re sitting with are their “Class” said Sherry Skinner, senior parent, and organizer of the Senior Breakfast. 

The Senior Breakfast not only celebrates the final semester for seniors but also motivates them to finish off the year strong. Along with a breakfast, Students will be able to pick up their Josten’s Cap and Gown as they arrive at the event. 

“It was important to us Senior parents and to Mr. Mares and Mr. Remaley that we have this event however we could for our Seniors. We wanted to make sure their Senior year was still special for them, with everything else going on,” said Lysa Fulbright, senior parent, and organizer of the Senior Breakfast.