Oracle Observations: Summer Funatics Podcast
Corissa Greene, Deevani Rodriguez, and Sama YousefApril 25, 2024

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Ethan Adams is a Junior at Athens Drive. He is a Assistant News Editor for the Athens Oracle. He has been with the Oracle for 3 years. He enjoys getting to interact with others as well as writing. Ethan...

Crystal McCabe
Crystal McCabe
Staff writer

Crystal McCabe is a senior at Athens Drive High School. She is one of the Idea hunters for Athens Oracle, and in her free time, she enjoys exploring new cuisines, hanging out with her friend Nae McLean,...

Sama Yousef
Sama Yousef
Staff Writer

Sama Yousef is driven to success. Overall she is a fun person to be around. She loves her job at Hollister that she works at with her friends and says it's a nice environment to be in. She enjoys going...

What “Stranger Things” has to come

Three young boys go on an adventure to find their best friend who went missing. They run into a girl and later find out she has mind superpowers.  There are many struggles to keep these boys doing what is right.

The three young boys become close with the young girl and together they try to defeat a monster who they believe is keeping their friend Will. While all this is happening there is a bit of a love story, a deeper look into the family of the missing boy, a struggle to keep friendships together and everyone trying to find Will.

Stranger things has been nominated for many awards and is a very popular show found on Netflix. It came out Aug. 31, 2016. Soon after it came out it became very well known and many people were watching it.  A common way for people to hear about it is from friends they have or people they know.

“My friends told me about it and right when I heard the story line my first thought was omg I have to watch it, and when I did watch it I got pulled into it,” said Jenna Denton, freshman.

Also social media has taken a big part in the idea of watching Stranger Things. Many people hear about the hit show through Twitter and Instagram. There are pictures, memes and stories based upon the show.

While Stranger Things is a made up storyline that takes place in the past people can relate to these characters in everyday life.

“I can definitely relate to the character Nancy because she doesn’t know what she wants and sometimes I feel stuck and I do not know what to do or which way to go just the way she does,” said Denton.  

Nancy Wheeler is the sister of one of the boys who was friends with Will. Nancy is teenager who is not afraid to get a little blood on her hands. Kissing boys, hanging with friends and arguing with her little brother Mike is not all Nancy has planned to do in this show.

“I watched the show because of the mystery and suspense, it is a cool show like that. Although I have only watched the first episode I have heard about the suspense at the end of each episode. I also watched it because I heard there are kids in the show so I thought maybe it would be interesting to watch a show with people my age in it,” Moore continues.

Stranger Things leaves a cliffhanger after each show. Not only do teenagers like to watch it but so do adults. There are young kids in it, teens and adults.  It is a show you can watch as a family because everyone can relate to at least one of the characters. There is a character for everyone to relate to because the show focuses on so many different people with completely different personalities.

“My favorite thing about the show is the characters and the story line,” said Denton.

This show seems to always have something going on whether it is a love triangle or fighting a deadly monster to save a young boy. October of 2017 is the time season 2 of Stranger Things should be coming out. Who knows what the next season has planned for the audience.