Domestic violence: What it is and how to spot it
Elijah Hoskins, Social Media Editor • May 24, 2024

Every minute almost 20 people around the world are physically assaulted by their partner; in the US this equals more than 10 million people a...

Drake and Kendrick Lamar going back in forth to understand each others motive
Drake vs Kendrick Lamar
Corissa Greene, Copy Editor • May 22, 2024

There have been suppositions and rumors over the years about tensions between popular rappers Drake and Kendrick Lamar, but nothing has been...

Students walk around to view peers STEM projects. Students spent much of the event viewing projects as well as presenting their  own.
Athens STEM students display their semester-long work at Athens STEMposium
Rowan Bissett, Assistant Sports Editor • May 22, 2024

The work of the Athens Drive STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) students came to fruition this year at the Athens STEMposium on April...

The Athens Drive Flag Football team celebrates after their win against East Wake High School. This was the second game day, and it determined whether they would make it to the Sup-Her-Bowl
Women’s Flag Football’s future uncertain after new budget proposal
Ella Johnson, Copy Editor • May 21, 2024

This 2023-2024 school year, the Carolina Panthers announced they would be donating $50,000 to Wake County to kickstart Women’s flag football...

Members of the South Asian Student Association pose for a photo. This club is one of many school organizations that celebrate student diversity.
Athens Drive Culture Fest to return May 28
Sophie King, Assistant Editor • May 21, 2024

With a total minority enrollment of 59%, and students from many countries around the world, Athens Drive High School is the most diverse high...

Susan McGraw and Leya Arikat flaunt Athen’s gear as they give a detailed tour of the school. The pair steps up to aid in making certain the Magnet evaluators from Magnet Schools of America have a positive experience.
A new beginning: Boshoff's first year
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • May 17, 2024

Amanda Boshoff, Athens Drive’s newest principal, is ending off her first year on a high note. After a long year of getting to know the Athens...

Danazia McLean, also known as Nae, is a senior at Athens Drive High School and a member of the Idea Hunters of Athens Oracle. In her free time, she enjoys trying new foods, hanging out with her friend...

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Ethan Adams is a Junior at Athens Drive. He is a Assistant News Editor for the Athens Oracle. He has been with the Oracle for 3 years. He enjoys getting to interact with others as well as writing. Ethan...

Brady Jones
Brady Jones
Assistant News Editor

Brady Jones is a Senior at Athens Drive and is in his second semester with the Athens Oracle. After school, he is an involved member of the Athens Drive theatre department, handling the technical components...

New Exam Schedule

Throughout the halls of Athens there is talk about the new schedule for exams and whether it is fair or not. This year, seniors will be taking their exams at different days than the juniors, sophomores and freshmen. This change was caused by the excessive amount of days that have been missed due to weather in the winter. It is a good year to be a senior.

This year the seniors will only have two days of exams, while other students have four days. This change has caused many people to think it is unfair, and they have many complaints. Juniors and underclassmen have to stay two days after the seniors graduate to have pointless classes on subjects they have already tested on. Also they really have no reason to go to those classes so why would they not just skip?

This new exam schedule is very beneficial to the seniors at Athens. Seniors already have the opportunity to not take exams because of senior exemptions. If seniors get good grades and do not miss school- A three absence B two absences and C one absence- they will be exempt from exams. This new exam schedule allows seniors to go home and not have a week of school while juniors, sophomores and freshmen still need to attend school.

The lowerclassmen have to sacrifice their summer time because so many days were missed and there is a certain amount of time in school according to Wake County Public Schools. But there is no other way to add these hours, because students have already attended school on all previous vacation days and early release days.

Overall, the new exam schedule has incited many different opinions among students. It is looked upon highly by seniors who have already taken tedious exams for the past three years. The new exam schedule will give the underclassmen something to look up to senior year.