Nathan Pitchford
Nathan Pitchford

Nathan Pitchford is a freshman at Athens. He's a staff writer for the Oracle. He likes playing video games and reading books. He's looking forward to getting better at writing and making some (hopefully)...

Sama Yousef
Sama Yousef

Sama Yousef is driven to success. Overall she is a fun person to be around. She loves her job at Hollister that she works at with her friends and says it's a nice environment to be in. She enjoys going...

Zane Perryman

Zane is a senior in Newspaper 3 and is an assistant editor. He likes music and taking pictures and writing stories about things he enjoys.

New Exam Schedule

Throughout the halls of Athens there is talk about the new schedule for exams and whether it is fair or not. This year, seniors will be taking their exams at different days than the juniors, sophomores and freshmen. This change was caused by the excessive amount of days that have been missed due to weather in the winter. It is a good year to be a senior.

This year the seniors will only have two days of exams, while other students have four days. This change has caused many people to think it is unfair, and they have many complaints. Juniors and underclassmen have to stay two days after the seniors graduate to have pointless classes on subjects they have already tested on. Also they really have no reason to go to those classes so why would they not just skip?

This new exam schedule is very beneficial to the seniors at Athens. Seniors already have the opportunity to not take exams because of senior exemptions. If seniors get good grades and do not miss school- A three absence B two absences and C one absence- they will be exempt from exams. This new exam schedule allows seniors to go home and not have a week of school while juniors, sophomores and freshmen still need to attend school.

The lowerclassmen have to sacrifice their summer time because so many days were missed and there is a certain amount of time in school according to Wake County Public Schools. But there is no other way to add these hours, because students have already attended school on all previous vacation days and early release days.

Overall, the new exam schedule has incited many different opinions among students. It is looked upon highly by seniors who have already taken tedious exams for the past three years. The new exam schedule will give the underclassmen something to look up to senior year.