SATIRE: High School field trips are so organized

Busses in a straight line about to drop off some students at the beach for a English field trip.
Photos by Ernesto Eslava

School in general is known for giving students opportunities that they would not receive outside of school including school field trips. Schools have some unknown ability to make a perfect trip with barely any effort whatsoever. 

“I like school field trips as they are always so well organized and never go wrong,” said Charles Darwin Stem academy student at Athens Drive. 

Wake County has a field trip strategist that ensures the highest quality trips for highschool students that are always so well organized that the last field trip at Athens Drive High School only lost one student. 

“On the last Athens Drive field trip which was to Las Vegas we only lost one of the five students that went on the trip,” said George Washington, principal of Athens Drive High School. 

Most high school field trips in the country typically lose over one half of the attending students on the trip, while here in North Carolina we have an average loss count of one fourth of attending students. These outstanding headcount statistics are as good as they are thanks to the work and effort students and staff put into these extremely safe trips. 

“We work hard on a daily basis to cherish and protect our school’s amazing students who are so well behaved and never cause us any problems,” said Washington. 

High School students are well behaved and follow teachers instructions perfectly and do exactly what they are told, which is a key component in maintaining a great highschool field trip. Teachers and volunteers give their students instruction that is important in the task of keeping them safe. 

“We could never make field trips so successful if the students were not as obedient and as kind as they are,” said Washington.