How to succeed as a freshman

Photos by Elizabeth Przybylowski
Freshman caught fighting after playing tag in the courtyard. This is a great example of how to impress the upperclassmen at school.

Entering freshman year can be overwhelming. Especially when you’re trying to make new friends, impress your teachers, and keep good grades while balancing extracurriculars. Lucky for you, this article will set you up for a year of success, making you the coolest freshman Athens Drive has ever seen.

The first thing you must do is run in the hallways. Everyone admires those eager to learn, and are jealous of the first people in the lunch line. If you swerve around students in the hallways, they will call you Lightning McQueen and might even curse you out which is motivation to go faster.

Telling on someone is also the best thing you can do to prove your loyalty to the Athens Drive Honor Code. If you see anyone, (even your friends, if you have any) eating in class, talking when they’re not supposed to, or any other mild infarction of the rules, make sure you tell a faculty member immediately. Not only will this make you look good, but it’s also holding your classmates accountable for their actions.

At lunch, make sure you run around outside to assert dominance. Playing tag in the courtyard shows you are an active student and helps give your brain a break from all your hard work. Bonus points if you fall in front of upperclassmen during tag.

I hope these tips have given you some insight on how to really enjoy your first year here at Athens Drive. If you have any more questions, make sure to ask the seniors for help and they’ll find you an elevator key and show you where the indoor pool is. Freshman year is the best year of high school, so really make the most of it. Good luck.