Her Loss Album Review

Drake pictured during his Summer Sixteen Tour 2016 in Toronto. He plans to go on tour with this album Her Loss as well.
Photos by Wikipedia Commons

The new album “Her Loss” by Drake primarily featuring 21 Savage recently dropped and has received negative comments especially on the album cover.

Her Loss has a total of 16 songs, varying between two to five minutes each. Before the album dropped, fans were already praising Drake’s music and making comments such as, “this is going to be the album of the year, “Drake never misses,” “best duo”. The album cover on the other hand has been receiving negative comments especially on the way the girl on the cover looks. The girl on the cover is Qui Yasuka, also known as “Suki Baby.”

Canadian rapper Drake has been one of the best rappers in the industry since 2006. In 2018, 55 of Drake’s songs went platinum. On Nov. 4, 2022, Drake dropped Her Loss featuring 21 selling 147,000 streams the first week.

Drake initially announced the album was going to drop on Oct. 28, but was delayed due to his producer, Noah Shebib, being sick with Covid-19. 2,1 and Drake later announced that their album will be officially released on Nov. 4. 

While Drake started off his career on a great path, 21 started in 2013. On his 21st birthday he was shot six times by members of a rival gang, also losing his best friend. That is what motivated him to start pursuing his rap dreams. The connection between him and Drake is like a brother type of relationship. 21 said that his friendship with Drake is “deeper than rap.”

The album primarily features 21 because most fans believe he is better in features and this is just a “feature artist.”Which 21 and his real die hard fans do not believe. 21 hates being called a feature artist because of how good he sounds in them, he knows he is better off solo as well. Overall, 21 knew what he was capable of and how good of a lyricist he was. When fans found out 21 and Drake were dropping they were at the edge of their seats just filled with excitment. 

When Drake first announced he would be releasing “Her loss,” fans were not too happy considering the rocky road Drake had before he released it… Until he mentioned 21 savage would be featured in the majority of the album. Most people have different opinions on the album, some songs they believe were very good and some other songs they believe were not as good.

Fans weren’t too happy considering the rocky road Drake had before he released Her Loss… Until he mentioned 21 savage would be featured in the majority of the album.