How to throw a legal Halloween party

A+thumbnail+of+a+graphic+design+supporting+the+idea+of+having+a+legal+halloween+party+by+using+our+tips.+
Photos by Leah Slates
A thumbnail of a graphic design supporting the idea of having a “legal” halloween party by using our tips.

Since Halloween is just around the corner, we want to make sure you host only the spookiest party ever. Our Halloween experts have put together six steps to make the perfect Halloween party. 

Create a list of people to invite

The key to a successful party is to be organized. Make a list of all the guests you would like to invite. This list can consist of your friends and family. If you do not have friends, try being more social and make new friends.

How to make friends

Scope out your target. Next, approach them. Make sure to introduce yourself and start some small talk, that way you are no longer strangers. Once you have gotten to know your target, offer them a gift. Most people love candy, this is a suitable offering. If they accept the candy, you have successfully made a friend. Invite your friend to your Halloween party. Politely open your car door and offer them a ride in your car to the party. Gas prices have been going up, save some money and put them in your car. 

Food

Halloween is all about pretending. As a great Halloween movie, The Purge, once suggested that on Jan. 1, 2023, all crime is legal for 24 hours. Pretend it is January. Pretend you are in the Purge. Go rob that grocery store for ingredients, it is fine. 

If you want to prepare something for your guest then some cake pops or cupcakes would be good since each person can grab one as they please. The knives in your house may be occupied for other purposes, so having a dessert that does not require being sliced up is ideal. 

Decorations

FAKE BLOOD IS A MUST! If you can not supply any fake blood, get creative or improvise. Apply the fake blood in the most suspicious places to add that ‘spooky effect.’ Some ideas would be dripping from the closet, or under the couch. You can really scare your friends by saying you can not find your cat. 

Dig up some skeletons out of your local graveyard and put them in some chairs to have your house radiate graveyard vibes. It may be rude to steal someone’s skeleton, but they are dead so hopefully, they will not mind. 

Spooky Stories

They say all the greatest writers foreshadow future events in their stories, so you should do that with your party. Foreshadow all the scary events that may accrue after dark by calling them “spooky stories”. You know they are not just stories… but your guests do not and you should keep it that way. They can not be mad if you gave them a warning. 

Music

Music is said to bring people together; make sure all your neighbors can hear your music. It is the polite thing to do to include everyone. They will be able to enjoy the party from the comfort of their own homes. Besides, you may need the music to be able to hide the screams of JOY from your guests. For a Halloween party, you should play only the scariest of songs. Some examples are: Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett, Spooky Scary Skeletons by Andrew Gold or Montero by Lil Nas X. (It really scares the parents!)

When someone hosts a party using these tricks, the outcome is sure to be a treat. Make sure to thank your guests for attending before they leave, if they ever get the chance to leave. We are sure the party would be such a hit, they will not leave. That is definitely going to be the reason they will not leave, nothing else could be a reason. Stay safe out there, and happy Halloween.