Oracle Observations: Summer Funatics Podcast
Corissa Greene, Deevani Rodriguez, and Sama YousefApril 25, 2024

Rose Luck
Rose Luck
Copy Editor

Rose Luck is a Junior at Athens Drive. She enjoys making jewelry and listening to music. This is Rose's second year, and third semester writing for the Athens Oracle. She finds journalism fun and as it...

Ella Johnson
Ella Johnson
News Copy Editor

Ella Johnson (Right) is a Sophomore at Athens Drive High School. This is her first semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, she enjoys playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and listening...

James Crumpler
James Crumpler
Photography Editor

James Crumpler (Far right) is a senior at Athens Drive and is in his second semester writing for the Athens Oracle. He likes eating Korean barbecue with his friends, playing games, and cooking. His favorite...

Color Run 5k Race decorates the streets of Raleigh

In case running a 5k race was not enough, the people of Raleigh were covered in different colors as they reached each kilometer of the Color Run Saturday, Sept. 28.
    At the start of this un-timed race, participants of all ages wore white running attire. However, by the time each runner passed the finish line, their outfits were transformed into an array of different color combinations.
    Since its debut January 2012, the Color Run has been a way for people to support national and local charities while creating memories. Seeing as how the demographics of runners vary, the experience will never be the same every time. According to their website, the Color Run has led to ten marriage proposals already.
    Trena Kirby, teacher at Athens Drive, participated in the Color Run this year with her children. Kirby stated that during this race, she focused on having fun with her family rather than trying to beat personal records.
    “My favorite part was just the silliness of it. I mean, run through multicolored clouds of powder and staining the inside of your car…. just for fun? It’s way out of step for the rest of my life!” said Kirby.
    Kirby encourages all to participate in a Color Run at least once in their lives. Due to the relaxed and joyful environment, whether a person walks or runs makes no difference in the enjoyment of the race. Although the race may be more entertaining with a friend, participants can attend alone or with a group.
    “I would definitely encourage anyone, runner or not, to do a Color Run. Now that I’ve done it, and it’s not new anymore, I probably won’t do another one. But I am looking forward to the ROC (Ridiculous Obstacle Course) coming to Raleigh. I will be there!” said Kirby.
    Although the Color Run has already come to Raleigh this year, the giant trucks and colorful corn starched clothes will be returning to the area in the future.