Courtesy of Ava Seay
Senior Spotlight: Ava Seay
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • June 4, 2024

As the school year fades to an end, many graduates are leaving the Athens Drive community to begin searching for their passions. While some...

Brady Jones has an on-stage-cameo as security guard in production called I Hate Shakespeare. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb
Senior spotlight: Brady Jones
Taylor Malloy, Editor in Chief • June 4, 2024

Athens Drive High School watches many of its students arrive as freshmen and leave as seniors. Some of these seniors stand out as being leaders,...

Jayvon Coleman at Athens Drive
Senior Spotlight: Jayvon Coleman
Sama Yousef, Staff Writer • June 4, 2024

Throughout high school, students achieve and extend themselves thoroughly; Senior Jayvon Coleman has pushed himself to perform excellence throughout...

Rachel Huffman, a cheerful senior at a companions home having a fun time with friends and her digital camera, at a get together.
Senior Spotlight: Rachel Huffman
Deevani Rodriguez, Features Copy Editor • June 4, 2024

Out of the graduating class of 2024, Senior Rachel Huffman has strived to do her best at leading and achieving greatness at Athens Drive Magnet...

The Drive Inquiry Clubs website is pictured. Dylan Ducatte dedicated a lot of her time while at Athens to the club.
Senior Spotlight: Dylan Ducatte
Sophie King, Assistant Editor • June 4, 2024

A true historian, senior Dylan Ducatte has spent her time at Athens fully engaged in all the school's social studies classes. Throughout her...

Skylar Moore at graduation rehearsal with fellow students.
Senior Spotlight: Skylar Moore
Rowan Bissett, Assistant Sports Editor • June 4, 2024

June 8, 2024, Athens seniors will walk the stage, take their diplomas, and finally finish high school. One of those Seniors is Skylar Moore,...

Abody Moazeb
Abody Moazeb

Abody Moazeb is a sophomore here at Athens Drive. This is Abody's first year writing for the Oracle. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and hanging out with his friends.

Brady Jones
Brady Jones
Assistant News Editor

Brady Jones is a Senior at Athens Drive and is in his second semester with the Athens Oracle. After school, he is an involved member of the Athens Drive theatre department, handling the technical components...

Rose Luck
Rose Luck
Copy Editor

Rose Luck is a Junior at Athens Drive. She enjoys making jewelry and listening to music. This is Rose's second year, and third semester writing for the Athens Oracle. She finds journalism fun and as it...

Senior spotlight: Brady Jones

Brady Jones has an on-stage-cameo as “security guard” in production called “I Hate Shakespeare”. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb

Athens Drive High School watches many of its students arrive as freshmen and leave as seniors. Some of these seniors stand out as being leaders, scholars, athletes, and well-rounded students. One individual in particular that stands out as a senior who shines, is Brady Jones. 

Many know Jones is involved in the Athens Drive theater program. While Jones is not on the stage himself, he ensures the very important technical aspects of the theater are happening correctly. 

“My title for musicals and plays is official Technical Director. However, for school events, I’m called a Student Technician,” said Jones.

Just like other extracurriculars,  being in the theater program calls for the ability to manage time. Many participants of the theater program have found juggling school work, rehearsals, and show dates tricky. 

“Around big show dates, there’s always rehearsals that go long and late. Sometimes I’d fall behind in my school work, but I would always make sure to get it done,” said Jones. 

The theater program may work a little differently than most activities at Athens. They revolve around student leadership and students mentoring underclassmen or newcomers to the program.

“The student leaders when I was a freshman and sophomore were really great,” said Jones. “When I was selected into the role, I really learned a lot about how to manage situations and I grew a lot of confidence from it.” 

The class of 24’ came into Athens during the hybrid year of online and in person learning due to the pandemic. Because of this unusual format of learning, many of the seniors this year took time to adjust socially to the large high school environment. 

“I’m really proud of how far I’ve come socially; my confidence levels have really improved,” said Jones. 

Jones will be attending North Carolina State University in the fall of 2024. He intends to major in criminology and is hoping to pursue an investigation-based career path. 

“The main reason I’ve decided to go that way is because I think more logically and enjoy critical thinking,” said Jones. “My dad was a police officer when I was younger, so I was raised with good morals.”

Looking back on his high school years, Jones feels proud of his growth and involvement in extracurriculars. However, while he is happy about his time at Athens, Jones looks forward to the future as well. 

“I don’t think I would change anything; all my experiences brought me to be who and where I am,” said Jones.