Abody Moazeb
Abody Moazeb

Abody Moazeb is a sophomore here at Athens Drive. This is Abody's first year writing for the Oracle. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and hanging out with his friends.

Deevani Rodriguez
Deevani Rodriguez
Features copy editor

Deevani is an open minded character, she likes fitness, eating, and spending quality time with her loved ones. She hopes to write more exciting, engaging articles.

Sierra Moore
Sierra Moore

Sierra Moore is a junior at Athens Drive. This is Sierra's first year on the Oracle. She enjoys hanging out with her friends. In her free time she also enjoy drawing and listening to music.

FIFA 17 adds a new gamemode and better graphics for a well made game

Two controllers. One T.V. And the love of the sport. In the past few years the “Fifa” games have become a well-known and well played title in the gaming industry. The game is based off the sport soccer and many players around the world buy the new rendition every year. This year’s game, FIFA 17, promises to bring high intensity gameplay for even the most novice of players.

Other than the yearly updated team rosters and graphics this year’s edition will include a brand new game mode called “Journey mode”. In this, players can take control of a custom created player and take him/her all the way from small time soccer to international teams. It will include the story of your player and their journey.

“Journey is going to be really nice because I’ve always wanted to play international soccer but I’m not good at the actual sport so this is the next best thing,” said Mohammed Musa, senior.

This new game will have the fastest and most advanced graphics the series has seen so far. The Frostbite game engine will deliver quick and responsive gameplay. In game artificial intelligence will be smarter looking for the open look whenever a player is on the breakaway or trying to get into the box.

“The game is supposed to be really fast and I’ve played the demo so I can confirm that it is in fact must faster than Fifa 16,” said Michael Browder, senior.

In addition to the updated graphics and rosters the game’s mechanics have changed drastically. “Set piece rewrite” is a new mechanic added to the game where the player has full control of where the player is positioned for their “dead ball” situation. If a player is taking a penalty kick the player can chose where he is depending on how they would like to take the shot. If the player is about to take a free kick whoever is in control can move them around to the optimum position.

“It’s definitely different and you have to get used to it over time but from what I’ve played the set piece rewrite is a big help when it comes to those hard, long distance shots that are 30 or so yards aways,” said Browder.