2014 Gift Giving Guide

The holiday season is a time to express gratitude for loved ones and purchasing gifts is can be a great way to do so. It can be difficult to decide what gifts to get, so here is a gift giving guide to make present shopping a little easier.

For the music lovers…

An iTunes gift card is the easiest gift to get a person who loves music. They get to choose the songs they purchase and will enjoy listening to the music. If you know the person’s favorite band, you could get them a CD of their favorite artist. If it is in your budget, a pair of concert tickets can be a great gift that will be memorable.

For the book lovers…

A Barnes and Nobles gift card is a great gift that they will be sure to enjoy and customize to their favorite genres. Well acclaimed books, including “Gone Girl,” “If I Stay” and “The Maze Runner” are all bestsellers that can be their new favorite read. If available, purchased their favorite book in special edition. It will be a memorable book that they will read and cherish over and over again.

For the sports lovers…

Gift cards to sports stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods and Omega are a great gift so they can decide what sports equipment they need. If buying expensive gear is not in the budget plans, then Nike socks and athletic headbands are always a great gift that everyone loves.

For the art lovers…

Art supplies are always a great go-to gift. An artist can never have too many notepads, paintbrushes, or colored pencils. If they want to improve their artistic abilities, a pack of 10 art lessons may be a fitting gift. A creative idea would be to plan an art date. Take them to the NC Art Museum to walk around and view the artwork. Afterwards, pack a picnic to eat in the garden behind the museum. It will definitely be a date to remember.

For the outdoor lovers…

REI is nature-lovers heaven, so a gift card there would be a great present. An ENO hammock is a perfect gift that can be used for years and is of great quality. A new style in the past year has been Chaco sandals, so if the nature-lover is lacking a pair, this could be the perfect opportunity to get them a comfortable, quality shoe.

These are just a few suggestions for gifts to get during the holiday season. Make sure the gift is personalized to the person receiving the gift, because the more personalized, the more meaningful it is. Have fun holiday shopping, and remember these helpful hints while on the hunt for the perfect present.