Athens Drive flag football team poses for a picture after winning their last game of the season. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb.
Sample templates
Nobody, None • April 18, 2024

Crystal McCabe
Crystal McCabe
Staff writer

Crystal McCabe is a senior at Athens Drive High School. She is one of the Idea hunters for Athens Oracle, and in her free time, she enjoys exploring new cuisines, hanging out with her friend Nae McLean,...

Hannah Suehle
Hannah Suehle
Co-Editor in Chief

Hannah Suehle is a senior at Athens Drive and co-editor-in-chief. This is their fifth semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, they like to play games, read, crochet, and do Scottish...

Ella Johnson
Ella Johnson
News Copy Editor

Ella Johnson (Right) is a Sophomore at Athens Drive High School. This is her first semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, she enjoys playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and listening...

New Athens club to re-vamp student section

Athens Drive Nation Spirit Club is the newest club at Athens Drive High School. The club is meant to organize the student section. Maddie Eriksson, senior, is the President of the club and also the co-founder of the club along with Lindsy Weeks, senior.

Christopher Remaley, teacher,  is the faculty advisor for the club. Shannondoah Deaver, who is part of the Jag club, helps support Athens Drive Nation Club.

“The Jag Club mentioned a student section club, and most schools in Wake County have one, so we decided to create one in our school. The purpose of Athens Drive Nation Spirit is to get the student section in sporting events more organized for what we wear, cheer and how we represent our school,” said Eriksson.

As the President of the club, Eriksson is responsible for conducting meetings, recruiting students to join the club, to get the student section more organized and to get students to show school spirit for their team.

“I feel more underclassmen should join because the upperclassmen already know the cheers and most of the events. Underclassmen can learn the cheers and get more involved on what is going on during the games in the student section and events that are occurring during the school year,” said Eriksson.

The student section is a group of students supporting their school’s athletics at sporting events. They are more known for being louder and showing more school spirit than the rest of the audience. The students usually show school spirit, wearing their school colors to show their support for their team. Athens Drive High Schools student section is called Athens Drive Nation. Athens Drive has many cheers and usually it is the cheerleaders that lead the cheers.

“Our student section has been a lot louder this year, but there is always room for improvement, and that is what A.D.N. Spirit club is supposed to do, it is to improve our student section and keep it more organized,” said Eriksson.

Athens Drive Nation Spirit Club was created this year, and all students in the school are welcome to join it. They also give input on shirt ideas to the Jag Club and make sure the school is aware of events going on.

“Athens Drive Nation Spirit club is going to unify the students and promote attendance to sporting events, so there will be more people at the games. It will help get the school more involved into activities that will be going on during the school year,” said Eriksson.