Courtesy of Ava Seay
Senior Spotlight: Ava Seay
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • June 4, 2024

As the school year fades to an end, many graduates are leaving the Athens Drive community to begin searching for their passions. While some...

Brady Jones has an on-stage-cameo as security guard in production called I Hate Shakespeare. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb
Senior spotlight: Brady Jones
Taylor Malloy, Editor in Chief • June 4, 2024

Athens Drive High School watches many of its students arrive as freshmen and leave as seniors. Some of these seniors stand out as being leaders,...

Jayvon Coleman at Athens Drive
Senior Spotlight: Jayvon Coleman
Sama Yousef, Staff Writer • June 4, 2024

Throughout high school, students achieve and extend themselves thoroughly; Senior Jayvon Coleman has pushed himself to perform excellence throughout...

Rachel Huffman, a cheerful senior at a companions home having a fun time with friends and her digital camera, at a get together.
Senior Spotlight: Rachel Huffman
Deevani Rodriguez, Features Copy Editor • June 4, 2024

Out of the graduating class of 2024, Senior Rachel Huffman has strived to do her best at leading and achieving greatness at Athens Drive Magnet...

The Drive Inquiry Clubs website is pictured. Dylan Ducatte dedicated a lot of her time while at Athens to the club.
Senior Spotlight: Dylan Ducatte
Sophie King, Assistant Editor • June 4, 2024

A true historian, senior Dylan Ducatte has spent her time at Athens fully engaged in all the school's social studies classes. Throughout her...

Skylar Moore at graduation rehearsal with fellow students.
Senior Spotlight: Skylar Moore
Rowan Bissett, Assistant Sports Editor • June 4, 2024

June 8, 2024, Athens seniors will walk the stage, take their diplomas, and finally finish high school. One of those Seniors is Skylar Moore,...

Christmas On Salem Street Parade 2017

The “Christmas on Salem Street” event in Downtown Apex included the annual Apex Christmas Parade, which showcased the holiday spirit that Apex and its surrounding areas had to offer. The parade took place Nov. 2 and began at 5 p. m. at the intersection of Ambergate Station and The Peakway. The parade route went down Salem street and ended around 7:30 p. m. at the Apex Public Works buildings on Upchurch St.

The parade included plenty of local marching bands, including our very own Athens Drive Marching Band along with Green Hope, Panther Creek, Apex Friendship and Enloe.

“Playing at the Apex Parade is always fun because we get to decorate our instruments with lights,” said ADHS Band member and senior, Emily Brittain.

The parade also boasted performances by local dance studios like Cary Dance Productions, Premier School of Dance and Academy for the Performing Arts.

Andrea Crews, an instructor at Cary Dance Productions, described dancing in the parade as “a great experience for the dancers, teachers, and entire CDP family.”

The crowd gathered along Salem street also cheered on martial arts schools, police and fire departments, religious organizations, local musical groups, various school clubs, boy and girl scouts and lots of animals from local animal hospitals and the Triangle Greyhound Society.

“We look forward to the Apex parade every year!” said Stacey Shaddix, who has attended the parade for the past four years with her husband.

The festive atmosphere in downtown Apex was enhanced by holiday decorations and a surplus of colorful lights. Families and friends gathered to share wonderful holiday memories with one another.

The final float in the parade displayed a jolly Santa Claus in his sleigh greeting the crowd and delighting all of the children.