Christmas On Salem Street Parade 2017

The “Christmas on Salem Street” event in Downtown Apex included the annual Apex Christmas Parade, which showcased the holiday spirit that Apex and its surrounding areas had to offer. The parade took place Nov. 2 and began at 5 p. m. at the intersection of Ambergate Station and The Peakway. The parade route went down Salem street and ended around 7:30 p. m. at the Apex Public Works buildings on Upchurch St.

The parade included plenty of local marching bands, including our very own Athens Drive Marching Band along with Green Hope, Panther Creek, Apex Friendship and Enloe.

“Playing at the Apex Parade is always fun because we get to decorate our instruments with lights,” said ADHS Band member and senior, Emily Brittain.

The parade also boasted performances by local dance studios like Cary Dance Productions, Premier School of Dance and Academy for the Performing Arts.

Andrea Crews, an instructor at Cary Dance Productions, described dancing in the parade as “a great experience for the dancers, teachers, and entire CDP family.”

The crowd gathered along Salem street also cheered on martial arts schools, police and fire departments, religious organizations, local musical groups, various school clubs, boy and girl scouts and lots of animals from local animal hospitals and the Triangle Greyhound Society.

“We look forward to the Apex parade every year!” said Stacey Shaddix, who has attended the parade for the past four years with her husband.

The festive atmosphere in downtown Apex was enhanced by holiday decorations and a surplus of colorful lights. Families and friends gathered to share wonderful holiday memories with one another.

The final float in the parade displayed a jolly Santa Claus in his sleigh greeting the crowd and delighting all of the children.