What is The World Cup?

The World Cup is one of the premier international sporting events in the world.  It is held every four years, and is a celebration of the world’s best soccer talent and a chance for fans to come together to cheer on their favorite teams. From Qatar to Chile, countries across the globe band together to support the success of the event, and the excitement of the games is palpable for everyone who takes part. 

The final match of the 2022 World Cup took place on Dec.18, 2022 between France and Argentina. Argentina won by one point because the game was tied and ended up going to penalty kicks with Argentina making all of them and France only making one. 

The star player for Argentina is Lionel Messi. The star player for France is Kylian Mbappe, and both played extremely well in the World Cup. 

“I was very surprised about how close the game was. I thought that Argentina would win easily,” said John Lane, fan of Argentina.

Lane was surprised that the game was so close because he thought that Argentina would win with no competition. Another fan, Samuel Greed, of the opposing team of France also got emotional about the last match.

“I was so mad when France lost that I threw my table across the room,” said Greed.