Students pictured at Athens Drive enjoying the annual pep rally. The pep rally was an exciting opportunity for students to build momentum for the homecoming game later that night.
Photos by Ethan Adams
Categories:

Athens Drive Celebrates Annual Pep Rally

Once again, Athens Drive Magnet High School celebrated its homecoming with the annual fall pep rally. The pep rally is a great way for students to express themselves and connect with their school spirit, excited for the anticipated homecoming dance and game. The Homecoming Dance has made a comeback this year, and those who attended were thrilled at its return.

At the Pep Rally, the Homecoming King was announced after performances from the Homecoming Court. The King was crowned as Andy Ivanov, and the Queen was later crowned at the Dance. 

“The Homecoming Pep Rally is most important to celebrate the fall sports,” said Christopher Remaley, Senior Adviser at Athens Drive.

Abdel Amra, runner-up for Homecoming King, performing his stunt at the pep rally. (Photos by Logan Webb)

Fall sports, including football, golf, soccer, and more, were celebrated at the rally, in addition to performances from the Cheer and Dance team. Fall sports are a big part of the school spirit and community at Athens Drive, making the homecoming football game and pep rally an essential part of the student experience. 

“Playing for the pep rally is a lot of fun, I get to hang out with friends and play music that the whole band loves,” said Lillian Moore, sophomore and Marching Band member.

In addition to being so important to the current student body at the drive, homecoming can mean even more to those who have already graduated.

”Homecoming is a long-standing tradition where alumni can come back ‘home’ and celebrate their time here at Athens. We expect a large crowd at the game Friday night!” said Remaley.

Organizing an event of this magnitude requires hours of planning by the student council. Many members of student organizations and staff have had to collaborate to arrange such an important event as the pep rally. 

“There have been [many] hours spent preparing for the Pep Rally!  It takes a lot of time, effort, and people to put on a Pep Rally for the entire school student body! Lots of rehearsing, practicing timing, and working out logistics. This is how we ensure that things run smoothly!” said Remaley.

Without a doubt in anyone’s mind, the pep rally is an extremely important part of the entire homecoming package and is enjoyed by several students every year at “The Drive”.

“We practice the music about every week, and when we need to play some pep band music we always have something we can pull together,” said Moore.