Top 10 listened songs on Spotify in 2021

Music is an important aspect of many people’s lives, and the wide-range use of online streaming services is one of the reasons to prove it. Spotify is one of the most popular music apps to stream songs, and it gets a lot of publicity for personal features like Spotify wrapped. Several artists and students alike share the playlists of their lives on social media by posting their favorite songs. This is a compiled list of the top ten listened to songs on the app in 2021.

1.  Drivers license by Olivia Rodrigo

The song broke Spotify records and topped the Billboard chart in just a week thanks to a “perfect storm” of quality and gossip.

“Thank you guys for all the love this year, means so much to me that people listen to the songs I write, so grateful,” said Rodrigo.

1.  MONTERO  (call me by your name) by Lil” Nas X

This song is nominated for record of the year, song of the year, and best music video for the 64th Annual Grammy Awards respectively.

“Truly thankful for all the insight this year has brought me, and thankful for the journey, love you guys,” said Nas X.

1.  STAY(with Justin Bieber)by the kid LAROI

“Stay’’peaked at number one on the Billboard hot 100, becoming Laroi’s first chart-topper and Bieber’s eighth. The song additionally topped the billboard global 200 and charts in twenty countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, India, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, and Sweden. It has also peaked within the top ten in 18 other countries.

“Holy, beyond freaking blessed, none of this is possible without any of you, I owe you my life. You’re my family,” said LAROI

1.  Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo 

It was the second chart-topping single from   Sour in many of those countries, following Rodrigo’s debut single driver’s license.  “Good 4 U” peaked within the top ten in more than 20 territories.

1.  Levitating(feat. DaBaby) by Dua Lipa

“Levitating” reached number five on the UK singles chart and number two on the US billboard hot 100, becoming Lipa’s seventh top-five single in the UK and second in the US.

“Thank you thank you! Sharing this moment with the people that I love so much means the world to me,” Lipa said.

1.   Peaches  (feat. Daniel Caesar & Given) by Justin Bieber

“Peaches” debuted atop the billboard hot 100 giving Bieber his seventh number-one hit on the chart, while it became Caesar and Gideon’s first number-one. Elsewhere, the song also topped the billboard global 200. It received four nominations; record of the year, song of the year, best R&B performance, and best music video record

1.  Kiss Me More  (feat. SZA) by Doja Cat

The song is the longest-running all-female top ten hit in the latter’s history. It earned three Grammy nominations for Record of the year, song of the year, and best pop/duo group performance.

1. Blinding Lights by The Weeknd

This song earned 2.72 billion subscription stream equivalents globally. It was also Spotify’s most-streamed song of 2020 with nearly 1.6 billion streams and is the second most-streamed song of all time on the platform, and is the fastest song in history to reach the milestone of 2 billion streams on Spotify.

“What a journey, thank you, guys. I’m grateful for you,” said The Weeknd.

1. “Heat waves” by Glass Animals

“Heat Waves ” is the group’s most successful single to date and was a number-one hit in Australia, in addition to being a top-five hit in several European countries, and reaching the top 10 in the United States.

1. Beggin’ by Maneskin 

“ Beggin”  is a song composed by Bob Gaudio and Peggy Farina and originally popularized by the American band the four seasons in 1967. It has been covered multiple times, with a remix by an Italian rock band Maneskin topping the music charts in Europe and beyond.

“No way!! Thank you so much, this means the world to us,” said Maneskin. 

These were the top 10 songs of 2021, and these artists have been really helping teenagers with their music. “Music is helping me get through hard stuff; it’s like therapy to me, ” said an anonymous student.