Does the Pfizer vaccine prevent illness from COVID-19?

Photos by Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

As the world went into hiding, ducking COVID-19 symptoms, scientists took to the laboratory to find a solution. Since then doctors and medical professionals have been trying to come up with a way to prevent the virus from spreading. The best possible solution that they have come up with to prevent Coronavirus from spreading is the use of vaccines. However, there are multiple vaccines that one can take to prevent the virus. The top three major vaccines accessible and approved in America are Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. 

Some people may argue that one of the vaccines is better than the other. However, the statistics show that the Pfizer vaccine may be the best option.  Research has shown that the Pfizer vaccine has been 90% effective at preventing hospitalization COVID-19. As opposed to other vaccines which have lower efficacy? Show why this is better-US News

Vaccines in general have been proven by looking at the data to improve health and decrease the chance of death. “ A study at the University of Edinburgh, UK, found that the Pfizer–BioNTech and Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccines were 90% and 91% effective, respectively, at preventing death”-nature -this is a slightly obvious statement. Why are they so important? Maybe add a statistic about what percent they lower deaths by or proof of them improving health

“Viruses cannot be treated with antibiotics, yet a vaccine can limit some of the side effects or conditions of COVID-19,” said Jennifer Hulsey, Health Science staff.

Though vaccines have been proven to work and improve health each vaccine comes with its own different side effects. It is best to consult a doctor before choosing which vaccine to take. Pfizer, unlike other vaccines that put a weakened or inactivated disease germ into the body, the vaccine delivers a tiny piece of genetic code from the covid virus to host cells in the body, essentially giving those cells instructions, or blueprints, to defend against the virus if it were to appear again.

Even with this data a sizable amount of people remain reluctant to get the vaccine. A total of 67 percent of people in America have received at least one dose of the vaccine.

The Pfizer vaccine was the first vaccine approved by the FDA. The Pfizer vaccine consists of new technology. The vaccine was originally approved in December 2020 for emergency uses only but was later approved to the public for ages 16 and older in August 2021.-Yale Medicine

Out of all the vaccines that are currently in our world today, the Pfizer vaccine has been proven to be one of the best vaccines at preventing death from the coronavirus.