Cameron’s preseason NFL Power Rankings

1. New England Patriots

The reigning NFL champions are coming off their third straight Super Bowl appearance, two of which were wins. The loss of five-time Pro Bowler Rob Gronkowski will likely be noticeable, but with quarterback Tom Brady under center, Bill Belichick at the helm and the addition of Antonio Brown, the Patriots are the NFL’s best team until proven otherwise. 

2. Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes enters his third season in the NFL with an MVP award, 50 passing touchdowns (regular season) and 5,097 passing yards under his belt from the 2018-19 season. The Chiefs have arguably the best offense in the NFL, including the likes of Tyreek Hill, WR, Travis Kelce, TE, Damien Williams, RB and new addition LeSean McCoy, RB. The Chiefs have been a powerhouse in recent seasons and show no sign of stopping now.

3. New Orleans Saints

Another offense-minded team, the New Orleans Saints return NFL all time leader in passing yards and Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Brees, as well as Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas and Jared Cook. While not as talked about as their offense, the Saints have plenty of stars on the defensive side of the ball that will help keep them winning in the 2019 season.

4. Los Angeles Rams

Strong coaching and a well rounded roster on both sides of the ball make the Rams one of the NFL’s strongest teams. Head coach Sean McVay and Defensive player of the year edge rusher Aaron Donald headline the team. Star quarterback Jared Goff receiving a hefty four year extension helps the stability aspect of the team significantly.

5. Los Angeles Chargers

The Los Angeles Chargers have recently been one of the NFL’s most quiet yet most successful teams. Often overshadowed by division rival Kansas City, they do not shine the way they would if they were in their division. Plenty of offensive and defensive weapons like Phillip Rivers, Keenan Allen, Melvin Gordon, Joey Bosa and Derwin James keep this team relevant and winning. 

6. Chicago Bears

Stellar coaching from second year head coach Matt Nagy help the Bears best utilize their roster on both sides of the ball. Edge rusher Khalil Mack catapulted the Bears back to relevancy last season when he was traded to Chicago via the Raiders. He will undoubtedly continue to make the Bears’ defense one of the most formidable in the NFL this season.

7. Philadelphia Eagles

If quarterback Carson Wentz can stay healthy this season, the Eagles will continue to win. The Eagles have given him plenty of offensive weapons to work with, including recent signee DeSean Jackson, who was a major playmaker for the Eagles before being traded to the Buccaneers. They boast a strong roster on offense and defense as well as stellar coaching from head coach Doug Pederson. 

8. Dallas Cowboys

Star running back Ezekiel Elliott recently became the highest paid running back in NFL history and the rest of the team is built to win. They return many of their star players from the 2018 season and will surely be a major presence in the NFL this year. Three time Pro Bowler Amari Cooper will help Dallas’ offensive presence and give quarterback Dak Prescott another reliable target downfield. 

9. Cleveland Browns

General manager John Dorsey has completely turned this team around, loading the roster with big names on both sides of the ball. Quarterback Baker Mayfield is looking stronger than ever heading into his sophomore season and is joined by an elite group of offensive players including Nick Chubb, Jarvis Landry and most recently Odell Beckham Jr. The Browns have a roster that’s built to win, all that’s left to do is to see if the new look Browns can live up to the hype.

10. Seattle Seahawks

The addition of defensive playmaker Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle’s already strong defense makes the Seattle Seahawks a team to watch in the 2019 season. Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll’s coaching and solid offensive playmakers keep Seahawks fans optimistic for the season to come.