Tips for Tailgating

Whether it is football, baseball or hockey, tailgating is a serious party for fans. Tailgating is a popular pre-game ritual in which fans are able to enjoy corn hole, fan food like hot dogs and burgers, and chatting with other fans about their predicted outcome of the nearing game.

“I like tailgating at NCSU football games. My favorite part is having fun and getting hyped up with my friends,” Lilly Sharples, senior.

Just like a team preparing for a game, tailgaters are preparing to have the talk of all tailgates. To ensure success in tailgating, here are a few tips. Try to arrive at the venue three to four hours early. Arriving early will allot plenty of time to eat, socialize, and get moving before taking a seat for the majority of the game. It is crucial that you find the perfect parking spot. The best parking spots are either next to grassy areas, at the very end of the parking row, this allows for plenty of room and extra space to play cornhole and set up a food bar. Most important dress in team colors. Remember, fans are the 12th man on the team and an important asset to the team success, and tailgaters are always the best and biggest fans.    

“I love tailgating before football games with my family and friends. Tailgating is something I always look forward to, almost as much as the game,” said Anya Yencho, senior.

Whether it is a Saturday day morning or a Tuesday late night game, it is obvious that tailgaters prioritize their schedule in mind with the game. Just like how the winning shot or touchdown can resonate with each fan, a good tailgate can also be raved over for days.

“If it was up to me I would never miss a tailgate,” said  Laylani Callaway, junior.