Abody Moazeb
Abody Moazeb

Abody Moazeb is a sophomore here at Athens Drive. This is Abody's first year writing for the Oracle. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and hanging out with his friends.

Taylor Malloy
Taylor Malloy
Co- Editor in Chief

Taylor Malloy is a senior at Athens Drive High School. This year she is the Co-Editor in Chief of the Athens Oracle. She enjoys playing volleyball and exercising in her free time. Taylor is excited for...

Lisi Abete is a Freshmen at Athens Drive. This is her first semester in the Oracle and she works on staff relations. Abete loves cats and going on bike rides.

Athens Drive Fall Sports Recap

FOOTBALL: The Athens Drive football team has gone 1-10 with an in conference record of 0-5. Their only win came against West Johnston 45-6, in which Quarterback Cameron Grisel threw for 141 yards and two touchdowns on a 61 percent completion rate and wide receiver Myles Coble averaged 14 yards per reception and two touchdowns.

MEN’S SOCCER: Athens’s men’s soccer team finished the regular season with a final record of (final record) and an in conference record of (conference record). The team made it to the state playoffs and finished the season as 25th in the state and 248th in the country. Sean Boldrin, senior, lead the team in goals and Avery Weber, junior, lead the team in assists. The team reached the quarter finals of the 4A High School soccer playoffs.

CROSS COUNTRY: The Athens Drive cross country team had 13 top 10 finishes in the 12 meets they competed in. William Burke, Sophomore won the 5-way Boys 5000 Meter Run Finals with a time of 18 minutes and 37 seconds.

WOMEN’S TENNIS: Athens Drive women’s tennis ended the season with an overall record of 1-14 and an in conference record of 0-10.  Team captain Olivia Cassidy, sophomore, had a singles record of 6-5.

WOMEN’S GOLF: The Athens Drive women’s golf team competed in 9 matches this season and placed third three times and second three times. On nine hole rounds, the team averaged 48 strokes and on 18 hole rounds, averaged 92 strokes.

VOLLEYBALL: Athens Drive volleyball ended the season with an overall record of 3-19 and a conference record of 1-9. They won 12 sets this season and finished 131 total blocks, exceeding the national average.