Prince Harry engaged to Suits actress, Meghan Markle

Prince Harry of Wales has gotten engaged to actress, Meghan Markle according to sources at Kensington Palace. The couple has been dating since the summer of 2016 and plans to wed in the spring of 2018. Markle and Prince Harry have been engaged roughly two weeks before the engagement was announced to the public.

“It’s big news at home in England because an American is marrying into the royal family,” said Jack Pickett, junior.

Markle is an actress known for a lead role in ‘Suits’, a crime-drama that airs on the USA network. She grew up in Los Angeles, California with her parents and two older siblings. Markle was previously married to Trevor Engleson, an actor and producer, from 2011 to 2013. The pair dated for seven years prior to their marriage.

Markle met Prince Harry in July of 2017 on a blind date setup by a mutual friend. The couple kept their relationship secret for a number of months until it was leaked to the press in October of 2016 that they were dating. Prince Harry released a statement that November condemning people who had been racist and sexist to Markle after their news of their relationship broke.

The couple has kept their relationship largely private and out of the spotlight up until the engagement news dropped. Markle did not make a statement about Prince Harry until September 2017. They were seen at the Invictus games, then Markle was seen moving in with Prince Harry just days before the engagement was announced.

“Even though I’m from England I probably won’t watch the wedding. I have no interest in it,” said Pickett.

The pair released engagement photos at the tail end of 2017. The photos were taken at Frogmore House in Windsor. Along with the pictures, they announced their wedding date which is to be May 19, 2018.