Athens Drive flag football team poses for a picture after winning their last game of the season. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb.
Sample templates
Nobody, None • April 18, 2024

Lindsay Grant, Susan McGraw, Nathan Bunch, Brower Evenhouse, and Jack Thompson working on their classwork in AP Calculus BC.
Pros and cons of having AP classes in the spring
Ethan Adams, Assistant Editor • April 9, 2024

Background on AP classes   AP (Advanced Placement) courses are offered year-round at Athens Drive High School and many schools nationwide....

AP classes are more rigorous than most high school courses, often being regarded as similar to college level. They require a lot of dedication from students each day to stay on top of the course load.
The struggles of AP exams
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • April 9, 2024

Advanced Placement (AP) courses are probably the most feared classes in high school. After all, they are college-level workloads! But on top...

Zane Perryman

Zane is a senior in Newspaper 3 and is an assistant editor. He likes music and taking pictures and writing stories about things he enjoys.

Sierra Moore
Sierra Moore
Staff Writer

Sierra Moore is a junior at Athens Drive. This is Sierra's first year on the Oracle. She enjoys hanging out with her friends. In her free time she also enjoy drawing and listening to music.

Hannah Suehle
Hannah Suehle
Co-Editor in Chief

Hannah Suehle is a senior at Athens Drive and co-editor-in-chief. This is their fifth semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, they like to play games, read, crochet, and do Scottish...

Book Week at Athens Drive

BB-8

Book Week is at Athens Drive on the week of Dec. 11 and Dec. 15. This event is hosted by Athens Drive’s Academic Literacy coach, Jennifer Lowry. People from fandoms dressed up as their favorite characters and cosplay in the school during the week. The school had this event the week before winter break and it began with a “Poetry Out Loud” competition Tuesday, Dec 12.
“It’s interesting to see all the different fields of S.T.E.M,” said Joe Schroedl, student.
Athens Drive’s own community library has the books needed to catch up on this event, everything from Harry Potter to The Lord of the Rings Middle Earth lore. Athens Drive’s community library is open to the public and anyone can walk in. By being a community library instead of a school library, they are not restricted to what books they are allowed to have.

Jennifer Lowry cosplaying

Monday began with a “Favorite Book Character vs. Create your own character.” Anyone could dress up as any character from their favorite novels. An alternate one could have done is dress up as a completely made up character that they have thought of and cosplay as that.
Tuesday continued with a Comic-Con and and favorite children book theme. Students and staff could cosplay like at a comic convention or a like a children’s book. The poetry competition was also this day and anyone can sign up to participate.
Wednesday was next with a “Protagonist (Hero) vs. Antagonist (Villain)”. People can dress up as a main character or their rivals.
Thursday came after with a “Superheroes vs Create your own what if…” The purpose of the “What if…” storyline is what would happen if a crucial key in a superhero’s career was different. For example, what if Bruce was murdered in the alleyway instead of his parents? The result, his father became Batman and his mother became the Joker.
Friday closed out the week with a “Harry Potter vs Star Wars.” People dressed up as anyone from those respective franchises. Even though Star Wars is not a book series, it still earns a day in Book Week. Students from AP Biology and robotics came to show off their new technology that relate to the science, technology, engineering and mathematics departments. This is in honor of our magnet theme.

Children enjoying themselves

“Magnet theme may not cater to everyone although it can they may just not know all the parts of it. So that was the goal showing them how science intersects with art,” said Tiffany Johnson, English teacher.
Tonya Hinton could not even decide which side to pick. “I’m a combination of things because I think Star Wars and Harry Potter are awesome!” Hinton said.