Senior Night at Athens

To bring the regular the football season almost to an end, Athens Drive Magnet High School had their last home game as Senior night celebrating all the seniors on the football team, cheerleading team and the Marching Band. The seniors on the football and cheer teams were recognized for their hard work and loyalty towards Athens before the game started. At half time Jennifer Chang, senior, was recognized for being a 4 time state champion and marching band members were recognized for their dedication towards Athens.

“My favorite part about being in band is that it’s like a family and you can count on each and every member to be there when you need them for you. Don’t take the time you have for granted,” said Malakhi Smith, senior drum major.  

Athens football team made the highschool playoffs with their last home game against Riverside with a score of 47-6. Senors experienced their last home football game as students at  Athens, and many have big plans for their future.

“Looking to walk on for North Carolina State University as a kicker, my coaches told me that I have a good shot at making the team. I just want to go out and be able to continue playing the sport I love, and to play with the guys I want to spent my time with,” said Josh Cooper, senior football player.