Athens Drive flag football team poses for a picture after winning their last game of the season. Photo provided by Lauryn Webb.
Sample templates
Nobody, None • April 18, 2024

AP classes are more rigorous than most high school courses, often being regarded as similar to college level. They require a lot of dedication from students each day to stay on top of the course load.
The struggles of AP exams
Brady Jones, Assistant News Editor • April 9, 2024

Advanced Placement (AP) courses are probably the most feared classes in high school. After all, they are college-level workloads! But on top...

Danazia McLean, also known as Nae, is a senior at Athens Drive High School and a member of the Idea Hunters of Athens Oracle. In her free time, she enjoys trying new foods, hanging out with her friend...

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Ethan Adams is a Junior at Athens Drive. He is a Assistant News Editor for the Athens Oracle. He has been with the Oracle for 3 years. He enjoys getting to interact with others as well as writing. Ethan...

Rose Luck
Rose Luck
Copy Editor

Rose Luck is a Junior at Athens Drive. She enjoys making jewelry and listening to music. This is Rose's second year, and third semester writing for the Athens Oracle. She finds journalism fun and as it...

Yoga club at Athens helps students relieve stress

School is a place where students learn and follow a pathway to work their way up to their future career. However, along with that comes the stress and pressure to get many things done. Most students at Athens Drive have multiple things to get done including projects, tests, quizzes, homework and more. This problem prompted two students to get together and create a club where students can forget about all their worries and relieve stress, as a result the Yoga club was created.

“Me and my friend, Jenna Settlage, made it at the beginning of this year, we made it because we wanted to help students relieve stress because it is hard being in school and being a student- especially in high school,” said Grace Gilmore, senior, president of the club.

The club was originally created so that students could have a place to go to when they are under a lot of pressure and want to forget about everything going on. Students go to school everyday, but yet there was never a place to go to relax and forget about all the worries someone would have.

“Yoga club is a place where students can go to not only relieve stress that they have throughout the day doing tests and exams, but to also learn the art of yoga to help relieve that stress,” said Gilmore.

Yoga is an exercise used to help relieve stress and forget about all problems and issues going on. It is commonly used for this reason, but it is also a good method for stretching out muscles and increasing flexibility. It is not only positive for physical health but also mental and emotional health as well.

The club is recommended for students who want to get away from school but also want to join a club that does not focus mainly on school and work. It is different than most clubs students would join at Athens Drive.

“The club is not only fun, but you get to meet new people and you get to learn something that you would not learn in an extracurricular class,” said Gilmore.

It is different than any other club, and because it was created during the 2016-2017 school year, many students are unaware of the club. It is not the average club someone would join. Since the club mostly involves physical activity and movement, it is a club that almost any student can join.

“People should be more spiritually connected and also more connected to the earth but also more on the wavelength of themselves because yoga helps to get to know yourself better,” said Gilmore. “It gives you a quiet space to just know and experience who you are.”

Any students who are interested can go to the meetings which is every other Friday during A lunch in Farrall Hilton’s room, room 1906.