Ella Johnson
Ella Johnson
News Copy Editor

Ella Johnson (Right) is a Sophomore at Athens Drive High School. This is her first semester writing for the Athens Oracle. Outside of school, she enjoys playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and listening...

Nathan Pitchford
Nathan Pitchford

Nathan Pitchford is a freshman at Athens. He's a staff writer for the Oracle. He likes playing video games and reading books. He's looking forward to getting better at writing and making some (hopefully)...

Rose Luck
Rose Luck
Copy Editor

Rose Luck is a Junior at Athens Drive. She enjoys making jewelry and listening to music. This is Rose's second year, and third semester writing for the Athens Oracle. She finds journalism fun and as it...

Oatmeal Squares: A Revolution?

Many students have been seen walking the halls with the cereal oatmeal squares. This Quaker cereal contains six grams of protein and forty-six grams of whole grain oats per serving. Oatmeal squares are a healthier cereal option compared to many of the other sugary ones out there. Sitting through four consecutive 90-minute classes a day can be hard to get through without a snack. Because of this, many students have found a healthy and filling solution, oatmeal squares.

“They’re great for when you need a quick snack to get you throughout the day,” says Abigail Bennett, senior.

For many, the taste of the cereal is just average, and they question why there is such love and devotion for the squares. However, these doubts are soon buried, as the squares become more addictive with every one.

“They taste like little bites of heaven, they’re the best thing you’ll ever put in your mouth,” says Emily Wesson, senior.

The school rock was recently painted over with the phrase “Oatmeal Squarez,” and many students have been seen walking around chanting the name with their boxes raised. Some have raised concerns that the obsession is too high, but those part of “The Movement” say otherwise.

“The movement is here, it is real, and it is coming for you,” says Cody Nance, senior.

The oatmeal squares cereal comes in four flavors: honey nut, brown sugar, maple, and cinnamon. The most common flavor seen around the school is brown sugar. Many lovers of the cereal do not eat it with milk at all.

“My favorite way to consume oatmeal squares is straight from the box, they are like a party in my mouth,” says Callie Howard, senior.