Donald Trump won…

Donald Trump won the presidential election and is the 45th president elect of the United States. Trump had won 290 electoral votes, compared to Hillary Clinton who had 228.

Trump took the stage Nov. 9 in Manhattan to give his victory speech. He applauded Clinton for her perseverance throughout the process and went on to thank her for her hard work.

“I’ve just received a call from Secretary Clinton. She congratulated us. It’s about us. On our victory, and I congratulated her and her family on a very, very hard-fought campaign. I mean, she fought very hard. Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country,” said Trump.

Trump then went on to say that it is time for America to “bind the wounds of division” and to come together. He called on all Republicans and Democrats across the nation to unite. He especially made it important to note that he wants those who did not support him in the past, to guide him and help him to unify the people.

“It is a movement comprised of Americans from all races, religions, backgrounds, and beliefs, who want and expect our government to serve the people, and serve the people it will,” said Trump.

Clinton gave her concession speech where she congratulated Trump and offered to assist him on behalf of the country. She went on to acknowledge the disappointment of her supporters and how she feels it too. Clinton believes America must owe Trump and go into this change with an “open mind and the chance to lead.”

“Now and let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time. So let’s do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams,” said Clinton.

Clinton ended her speech by calling on young people, she shared that she has had “successes and I’ve had setbacks.” She went on to say that the loss has hurt her, but to “never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it.”

“To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams,” said Clinton.

Since Trump has been declared president, protests and riots have come up across the United States. Many Americans are upset about the controversial Republican president-elect that is soon to hold power.