Farah Al-Rbehat
Farah Al-Rbehat

Farah Al-Rbehat is a junior here at Athens Drive. This is her third year as an Assistant Editor on the Athens Oracle. She enjoys reading, spending time with the people she loves, and participates in many...

Zane Perryman

Zane is a senior in Newspaper 3 and is an assistant editor. He likes music and taking pictures and writing stories about things he enjoys.

Sierra Moore
Sierra Moore

Sierra Moore is a junior at Athens Drive. This is Sierra's first year on the Oracle. She enjoys hanging out with her friends. In her free time she also enjoy drawing and listening to music.

Women’s Tennis

Tennis is a sport that some people overlook. The Athens Drive women’s tennis team is 10-6 this season. The work and effort that they have put in this season has taken them to the conference playoffs.

The women’s tennis team went 10-6, allowing them to go to the Southwest Wake Athletic Conference (SWAC) tournament. The team who wins this tournament will be going to state playoffs. Athens was ranked fourth in the conference this season which will give them a good seed in the conference tournament. Panther Creek High School was number one in the conference and came to the tournament as the number one team. The captains of Athens Drive were excited about the upcoming conference play.

Becoming the leader of a team takes time and devotion. Captains must be caring, consistent and have the ability to lead a team. This year’s captains of the women’s tennis team are Kristen Smedley and Katherine Clapp. These athletes motivate their fellow teammates and set an example for the entire team.

“This season has been so much fun,” said Kristen Smedley, junior.

Kristen Smedley, Katherine Clapp, Lucy Brunhams, Elena Price, Irena Brain and Julianna Buttons compete in both singles and doubles matches for Athens Drive’s tennis team. Lisa Smedley is the head coach of the women’s tennis team. Coaches are important for a team’s success by giving the players tips and ways to improve their game. With the way that the women’s tennis team has been playing this season, they are expecting to produce a major upset in the upcoming conference finals.