Lindsay Grant, Susan McGraw, Nathan Bunch, Brower Evenhouse, and Jack Thompson working on their classwork in AP Calculus BC.
Pros and cons of having AP classes in the spring
Ethan Adams, Assistant Editor • April 9, 2024

Background on AP classes   AP (Advanced Placement) courses are offered year-round at Athens Drive High School and many schools nationwide....

Abody Moazeb
Abody Moazeb
Staff Writer

Abody Moazeb is a sophomore here at Athens Drive. This is Abody's first year writing for the Oracle. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and hanging out with his friends.

Corissa Greene
Corissa Greene
Sports Copy Editor

Corissa is a very creative person; not only is she smart academically but also socially. Corissa is considered by her peers as a driven student who strives to do above and beyond. She enjoys shopping with...

Ethan Adams
Ethan Adams

Ethan Adams is a Junior at Athens Drive. He is a Assistant News Editor for the Athens Oracle. He has been with the Oracle for 3 years. He enjoys getting to interact with others as well as writing. Ethan...

New men’s soccer coach gives team fresh look at potential for upcoming season

The Athens Drive High School men’s varsity soccer team is picking up the pace this year in an attempt to win a conference championship, with their new coach and new players they are making a name for themselves in the soccer community with previous Fuquay-Varina High School, coach Jeff Nelson.

Last year’s team had a 6-6 win-loss record around the same time this year’s team has a 4 win 6 loss season. This year’s team is trying its best to match last years record.

“I think this year we’re gonna go all the way to be honest,” said Ben Williams, senior varsity player. “We’re gonna go full beast mode due to our mohawks that make us run faster.”

Speed is a fundamental part of soccer. In the Jaguars’ game against Fuquay, the team scored three goals in the first half of the game and in their game against Heritage, they scored four times in the second half. This year the players are working hard to increase foot skills, speed and shooting techniques.

“This year we have a new coach and he’s definitely a major part of the team, he keeps up positive and in good shape,” said Williams.

Coach Nelson was previously the head coach at Fuquay-Varina High School, which means if he brings the same techniques to Athens this years team should do fine due to the fact that Fuquay had an 11-win season last year.