Strange News

500 pound pig bagged in NC
WRAL reported that a hunter, Jett Webb, bagged a 500 pound boar in Edgecombe County in February. Webb claimed that he just wanted to “bring home some bacon,” and that is exactly what he did. This is not the first time that Webb has shot a hog similar in size.Webb reported that he bagged one about two years ago. The mass amount of meat did not go to waste; Webb gave away a large amount of the meat but saved enough to fill up the freezers in his house.
“The meat the pig provided and the memory that hunting provides is worth more than any trophy,” said Webb.

House or Water Pump?
When driving down a road, every house is assumed to be real and functioning. However, on Wade Avenue in Raleigh, not all houses are real. There is one house that seems like it has a front door, multiple rooms and even a family living in it, but there is much more. Going to the back of the house exposes huge barrels for diesel gas and large electric boxes that help run the water pump inside the house. This house holds one of the most important water pumps and uses the image of a house as a decoy. If it was not for this pump, water would not be getting to the faucets in most of Raleigh. NPR.org reports that the government uses the idea of hidden necessities very often to decrease the chances of vandelism and to allow machinary to “blend in.” Some examples are in Arizona where they disguise electric boxes by making them look like a cactus or placing a hollow fake boulder over a neighborhood’s water supply.

Lucky find on an Average Walk
In California, a couple found a can filled with $10 million worth of gold coins. The couple walked this path daily but never expected to find a can full of coins. Until one day the couple spotted a can and decided to poke at it discovering five more cans. The coins that they found were never in circulation and were found in mint condition.The coins are extremely rare and caused the couple to make the decision to remain anonymous in order to prevent a “gold rush” at their front door. The couple plans to sell the majority of the coins on Amazon and use the money to pay off bills and to donate to charities.

14 year-old tickets a police officer
Officer Tommy King returned to his car after parking in a no parking zone at the apartment complex he patrols and found a piece of paper on his windshield. King had been ticketed with a handwritten note from 14 year-old, Annie James. The note stated that he would need to pay $10 as a fine for parking in a fire lane, parking on a curb and backing into a spot.
“I thought it was neat that she made it for $10,” said King. Rather than paying a $10 fine Officer, King chipped in to buy James a $40 gift certificate for Toys R Us.