Duke’s basketball team expected to win ACC

The college basketball teams in the Triangle are about to begin their seasons. North Carolina State is projected to come in tenth place out of fifteen teams in the ACC. North Carolina is projected to come in third, and Duke is expected to win the ACC.

North Carolina State is having to replace a lot of talent lost from last years team.  The Wolfpack lost five of the highest scoring players, including CJ Leslie, Lorenzo Brown who left after their junior year to play in the NBA. Richard Howell and Scott Wood graduated, and Rodney Purvis transfered to play at the University of Connecticut after his Freshman year. However, NC State has a preseason All American Sophomore TJ Warren, as well as a former McDonald’s All American Tyler Lewis. The Pack also got another McDonald’s All American, Anthony “Cat” Barber.  NC State will have to play through the youth and inexperience and look to rebuild from all the losses of last year’s team.

“State isn’t supposed to do good this year but we will find a way to win games,” said Sophomore Daniel Dyson.

North Carolina, who is led by head coach Roy Williams.  The Tarheels are projected to come in third in the ACC and are ranked number 12 in the latest preseason polls.  The Heels added three five star recruits; point guard Joel Berry and small forwards Theo Pinson and Justin Jackson.  North Carolina will be young but still look to contend for a ACC championship.

“Carolina is gonna be nice this year like we always are,” said Sophomore UNC fan Peyton Smith.

Duke is projected to win the ACC and contend for a National Championship. The long time head coach Mike Krzyewski looks to continue his success he has had at Duke.  The Blue Devils are going to have to deal with losing Mason Plumlee, Seth Curry and Ryan Kelly. Coach K got two new McDonald’s All Americans; Jabari Parker and Matt Jones.  Duke also has two returning starters; Quinn Cook and Rasheed Salaimon. Duke has been the most hyped team by the media in the ACC so far.

“I really hope Duke wins the ACC this season,” said Sophomore Adrian Al-Khalidi, a huge Duke basketball fan.

All three of those teams in the Triangle are projected to do well in this upcoming season, with the new players who have come in, and all the superstars on each team.