Pelican’s Snoball’s quenches childrens thirst

Pelican's SnoBalls truck in Cary
    Pelican’s SnoBalls truck in Cary, North Carolina

Pelican’s SnoBalls is the place to go on a hot, sunny day. The famous snow cone stand in North Carolina is the hotspot for Carolina residents. Pelican’s originated from Louisiana and brought their New Orleans’s style snow cones up to North Carolina. From there, they have been building their franchise.

Lindsey Bates, senior, and Alex Bates, freshman, are both big fans of Pelican’s SnoBalls. They visit the stand approximately every two to three weeks.

“The location in Cary is perfect when it’s pretty outside. It’s close to Athens and also my house,” said Lindsey Bates.           

Pelican’s sells snow cones and homemade ice cream. Prices range from one to four dollars.     They have over 100  flavors, providing a variety of choices to choose from.

There are flavors such as Superman, Grenade, Spongebob, Carolina Hurricane and others that are combinations of simpler flavors.  There are also around 15 flavors of their homemade ice cream such as Key Lime Pie, Strawberry Shortcake and Root Beer Float.

“The prices are very cheap, I think it’s a pretty good deal,“ said Alex Bates.

Additional toppings are also available for just a small price. Add some sourness, or overload the snow cone with a lot of syrup, put some whipped cream or chocolate syrup on top and many other choices. There are also special Sugar Free and Dye Free flavors that vary from location to location such as Red Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, Banana and a few others.           

Pelican’s is located in many cities in North Carolina such as Apex, Cary, Raleigh, Garner and many more. Some locations even have a drive-through.        

Their snow cones contain zero percent fat, and are 100 calories for a small cup, which is fairly healthy compared to competing stores.            

Not only does Pelicans just sell snow cones, they also have many activities to do. They have mini golf, a batting cage, playgrounds and picnic tables at many different stores around North Carolina.

“I’ve played mini golf at the Cary Pelican’s; it’s fun,” said Alex Bates.        

Pelican’s SnoBalls is also mobile. Pelican’s can go to events such as fundraisers, birthday parties, carnivals, and they will sell snow cones from there. It is known for having a great family atmosphere.

“What’s great about Pelican’s is that they provide so many different flavors for you and it’s very cheap. I like that they have activities for you to do there and it’s a friendly place,” said Lindsey Bates.

View Comments (1)