Online Summer School for High school students

Online Summer School for High School Students

Starting the summer of 2015 for all high school students, an online charter school will be implemented to either help students pass their present grade or to help them to get more credits in order to graduate.

“I definitely think this program could help me not only further my education but help me to earn more credit so I will not  have to work as hard in my senior year,” said Naomi Kipuni, junior.

The classes that students take are an hour and 30 minutes per class so if students take four classes it will be about seven hours of the day. This program is going to be held online at North Carolina Virtual Academy. This program will assist students and help them to fill out applications for college as well. The minimum amount of weeks that students have to attend the program to pass it is about four weeks, depending on what they are there for. Some students go to pass their courses, but some go to further their education in the summer so they will not forget the thing that they learned in the past year, but some also go to have something to do as well. The program is available for all high school students that need it, regardless of what school they went to prior to the program.

The North Carolina Virtual Academy summer school program started in 2012 and was arranged by national board workers to help the average amount of students in North Carolina pass their grade.

“ I think this program is a great idea, because it could help a lot of people, including me because I would love to get all of my credits and graduate early,” said Iylia Leach, freshman.

The way that this program is set up is just like regular high school courses but the only addition is that students only have to take the class that they failed, or students could take a course that they need in order to have enough credits to graduate or to make more of the credits that they need as well. Students will be able to keep up with their grades by going on a online progress report that computer will give students when they apply.

“I think this program is great for all students, not just the ones who failed,” said Mackenzie Lattimore, freshman.

This academy is online but it could help students or hurt them just like regular school can. This program is totally free, so all students that are failing could go to the website and register for classes.