New England Patriots’ Deflated Footballs Spark Controversy

The NFL( national football league) found 11 of the 12 New England Patriots  game balls were significantly below the NFL requirements. The NFL found the footballs were inflated 2 pounds per square inch below what is required by the NFL regulations during the Pats 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts. During the Pats 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts. league confirmed that the footballs were properly inspected and approved by referee, Walt Anderson 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff before they were returned.

The footballs were tested at halftime, reinflated at that time when they were low, then put it back in play for the second half, and then tested again. The patriots used 12  of the 14 backup footballs for the second half the team had 24 footballs total available. Tom Brady gave the footballs to the Colts equipment manager to see if the footballs were going to deflate. Under NFL Rules, no altercation footballs is allowed once they are approved. if a person is found breaking league rules and tampering with the footballs, that person could face up to a 25,000 fine and potentially more discipline. “The NFL should give the Colts a rematch or send the colts to the super bowl to face the defending super bowl champs the seattle seahawks.”