The “Road to Love” lacks true love this season

Latest Bachelor struggles to find support from fans after eventful season

As this season of the “The Bachelor” wrapped up and feelings grew more intense, tensions grew to a breaking point as the one in charge refused to reveal his true feelings.
Since the beginning of the season, Juan Pablo Galavis, Bachelor and 32-year-old single father, had been focused on physical attractions with the 27 girls, ignoring more intellectual common interests. This was clarified when Juan Pablo ended the road to love by using the phrase “I like you a lot.” Rather than confessing his love and proposing to the contestant of his dreams, Juan Pablo felt strongly against a proposal.
The women gave up time with their family (some even had children) and took a break from work in order to compete on the show for a chance at love. If 27 women are willing to spend valuable time trying to get to know a man and trying to win him over, a person would think that the bachelor himself would be just as emotionally involved. Instead, Juan Pablo took every opportunity to take off his shirt and tell any upset girl “it’s okay.”
Nikki Ferrell, pediatric nurse, and Clare Crawley, hair stylist, were the finalists of Juan Pablo’s controversial season. Each girl was given one final date to spend with Juan Pablo before he decided who he wanted to end up with. However, the season did not end with the lovey dovey proposal that most fans were expecting.
After Juan Pablo told an angry Clare that their relationship will not continue on, her snaps back at him got roaring applause and cheers from the crowd. As fans awaited for Nikki’s turn at love, they were eager to see what Juan Pablo would mess up next.
“I have a ring here in my pocket… but I am not going to use it,” said the Bachelor.
Instead of a ring, Nikki received a kiss and slight reassurance of his affections. According to Juan Pablo, he wanted to respect Nikki’s father’s wishes and wait to propose until he was sure he was in love. Four months after the finale, the L-word had still only been said by Nikki. This sparked thousands of Bachelor fans across the country to ask one question: Why go on the show, if you are not willing to fall in love?
A sassy “After the Final Rose” caused all opinions of Juan Pablo to be set. Juan Pablo’s attitude and lack of emotion towards Chris Harrison, host, and the rest of the Bachelor community represented his selfish intents. Clare was greeted by cheers and encouragement as she beamed from ear to ear about her confrontation with Juan Pablo. To her, calling him out for his lies and inappropriate comment about their physical relationship after he rejected her was “all the closure that she needed.”
Although she may have started out as a least-favorite for some fans, Clare’s actions during the finale represented women in America and earned her praise from many.
Juan Pablo claimed that people do not truly know him, but his rude remarks have proven to be enough for the press and fans. By finishing the season with only his own interests in mind, Juan Pablo showed his true colors and offended many in the process.